Friday 23 March 2012

it could be worse

regan | 12:44 am | Best Blogger Tips
I am thinking it would be a good idea for each of us to write a brief introduction since not everybody knows each other yet. A possible template could be:


name regan
gender male
age 20 (born 1991, the year of loveless!)
from Ōtautahi Christchurch, Aotearoa New Zealand
current whereabouts same as above! very exciting!







this year i am doing a one year graduate diploma in secondary school teaching. Last year I graduated from a bad university in english and psychology with media/communication as a minor so this year I am training to be a high school teacher in english/maths/media studies. I'm in my first term of the course and have almost finished my first teaching placement (only one week to go sadly). This weekend I will be frantically compiling a zine of haiku poems written by students in my four english classes so that I can give them all a copy next week...It's my first attempt at a zine so i'm looking forward to seeing it finished (pasting has never seemed so fun).

I have also organised a live poetry event for the school at lunchtime on monday which will hopefully go well; I made a poster and stuck it around the school over the last week and have put a message in the school notices (as well as a daily haiku) so hopefully a lot of students will come and be brave enough to perform as live poetry is very very fun.

what i like to do writing (stories/poems), music (play guitar badly/big cd collection/starting to get vinyls), skateboarding (still practicing moving ollies), tennis, badminton, table tennis, football, gardening (this year i am learning to grow vegetables), chocolate (i eat too much of this, there was four day period a few weeks ago where i would come home from school each day and consume an entire block of chocolate. this was bad. i am now off chocolate until 20/04/12. see here for a previous attempt at restricting chocolate consumption), marshmellows (easier to control), movies (i guess everyone likes them though), videogames sometimes (don't really have time to play them anymore but am currently njoying digging up some of my old gamecube classics + crash bandicoot 3)

my room currently looks quite messy. It is in a 'transitional' stage...Unfortunately a trend with rooms that I occupy is that they remain perpetually in this stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment