Sunday 10 June 2012

Room Post #2

regan | 7:40 pm | Best Blogger Tips
My room has 1x door. On my door there is:
- a painting of me done by Damien Taylor
- envelopes sent to me from people rather than companies
- ink cartridge tabs
- a round of poem sandwich I did with Michele and his friend
- a series of uncomplimentary photos of myself stuck there by my friends

freshly vacuumed for yr njoyment
I bought shelves and brackets on trademe and put them up
to make a library. For my makeshift wardrobe I got a
vacuum cleaner pipe from the ecostore and attached it to the
 bottom shelf with dog chain. It holds all of my clothes
minus shorts socks boxers and ties and has not collapsed yet! 

My cacti make for an excellent anti-burglar system.
Winston growls at any intruders.




Skateboards/guitar














Wall tahi!

Here is my TV. It is currently on the Discovery
Channel but gets bad reception. 

Drawers built by Grandad and laundry basket from Nan,
both enhanced with eyes/lips from Sophie!
Alice the Camel holds my taonga.
"No, this is not interesting!!" message written by Rosa
many years ago while I was telling her a story
that I thought was cool but she obviously didn't.

Letter holder from Northcity Opshop (50c). Zine library made out of printer packaging.
Japan cancer mortality rate poster + drivers license from Sophie. Tree painting by me.
 Screenprints from a Beyond Resistance workshop.  Picture in pencil by Ineke.
Occupy Aotearoa Statement of Purpose that I read at the first Occupy Christchurch planning meeting.
Birthday messages from Josh, Nick, Laura and Nicola. Setlist from 2011 Unknown Mortal Orchestra gig in Wellington.
  Dog painting from Nelson market. Butterflies and flame prints from pop up shop in Wellington. Whakapapa from Dad. 

Wall rua!

Luigi is njoying his new spot next to Mr. Towel and the infamous hair envelope. Take that studylink!
I decided to put up my 21st party photo boards as it was much faster than taking all of the photos off and then putting them up indidvidually.
The amazing painting in the top right was bought from the ecostore for $5. I love it more and more every day.

Pixies poster bought from The Palms with Rosa in 2006 I think....Record player from Mum, playing The Golden Awesome (of course).
Excellent Wethey Original space banana painting done by Chris after I bought him a canvas.
Old stereo from the 80s which I have treasured for years. Speakers that like to cut out a lot.
Mario and Wario finally embracing. Battle of Breakfast painting done by myself.
Acrostic poem by Rosa. Party invitations from Tommy.
Sunset painting by Alex C. Numberworks certificate by Devereux.
Speech bubble picture by Ineke. Commiseration card by Rosa and Sophie.
Patrick picture by myself and Kirsten, 2006.

"work area" - old school desk and teal chair from trademe.
Real Estate poster/setlist from Dunedin 2012 gig.
 Lots of Mandarins given to me by Mum. 
Commune poster altered by Matt (see here).
Troll painting by Ronan.
Cows from a cafe in Bishopdale, with SOON added by me.
Speech from Jackie Opie, Ollie's Mum.
Other posters from magazines.


Sock/Underwear storage whiteboard from internet.
Super Soaker XP 95 from Trademe.
Sneaky felt pen camoflague troll by Sophie/Matt.
Fox scarf from Dunedin Art Gallery.
Toys from various places.
Prized green holepunch from NorthCity Opshop (50c!!!)

Hat hanger from Nelson Market.
Paper Recycling Kit from Olivia, Rosa's past Wellington flatmate.
Chess set from Mum.
Bookends from Trademe.
White Pikmin from Japan.
Green sunhat and purple beanie from Occupy Christchurch's Free Market.
Multicoloured beanie knitted for me by Gini.


Cambodian doll from Rosa. Link, Animal Crossing Fisherman, Pikmin and Bulborb from Japan (internet). Most CDs from Real Groovy, 2006-2008. T-Rex pepper shaker from Iko Iko in Wellington (Rosa has the white one). Munchlax from Farmers.

This is a photo of my tipuna Taiaho, given to me by my cousin Melanie for my 21st birthday. He watches over myself and my room. Around him are quotes from my Ngai Te Rangi ancestors. 




4 comments:

  1. Tino pai rawa te ahua o tou ruma, e hoa! I like your captions- there is so much communal effort! I'm also impressed with how much it has changed since I last visited. My favourite photo is the one of Wall Rua =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, why didn't you invite me to your place?
    I love rooms where you can sit on one spot for hours and just look arround and find exciting new things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have sorry! It just seemed easier to meet in town since I had school and you were in town as well. Just gives you another excuse to return to NZ!! I am planning to email you soon dude, quite busy at the moment :(

      Delete
    2. No hurry, I'm planning to make a post about my current old room, but it is quite "Work in progress" at the moment.

      I love to hear from you, and soon I'll write you a longer message aswell.

      And by the way, the sculpture on the riccarton ave is awesome. I wonder why I don't see such things here in Hamburg ... well one more reason to start it by myself :).

      Delete