Thursday 28 June 2012

Recent Music #2: Great Video Edition

regan | 2:34 am | | Best Blogger Tips
Recently I have been compiling an archive of good music videos. Since I'm training to be a Media teacher it pays to know of some inspiring frame sequences to hopefully inspire the youth of today. Here are a few great songs with great videos:


Thanks to Scott for showing me this one, the concept is outstanding. I'm sure I'd heard the song before in some sort of film or advertisement but I can't think of what one...




The Brunettes are one of New Zealand's coolest bands. The style and dialogue of this clip are fantastic.




I stumbled across this on youtube a while back and instantly loved the cinematography and colour. Yes it's very hipster but the acting is genuine and the song is great. It makes me yearn for summer.




Another simple video with a great concept...For one class on my last teaching placement I took my camera to school, showed this video to my Year 9 Media class and then told them that they would be making their own video for the song, with each student getting the camera for 11 seconds (the result was excellent!) One of the students liked the original video so much that he went home and watched it "at least 50 times". Tino pai. 





If you know of other great songs/music videos please let me know!

6 comments:

  1. procrastination refers to the act of replacing high-priority actions with tasks of lower priority, or doing something from which one derives enjoyment, and thus putting off important tasks to a later time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt Matt Matt Matt Matt Matt Matt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't view the songs in Germany .... Copyright ...

    Did I show you M83 - We own the sky? Or did you (like me), just listen to PostRock and got it as suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Regan this song is the best

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUyyHYkBHk

    ReplyDelete
  5. and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkHA471knoY

    ReplyDelete